Sunday, January 24, 2010

This is What's for Dinner Tonight!



There's nothing better after a long day at the bridal show, than a bowl full of yummy, warm soup!  This soup is so simple to make, that I don't mind staning on my feet for a bit longer (I stood for about 5 hours at the show).  I even stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things for dinner.  Definetely a winter night delight!

Chicken Black Bean Soup
  • 2 Chicken Breast
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • 2 Cups of Salsa
  • 2 Cups of Chicken Stock or Broth (I use the extra to thin it out the next day.)
  • 2 Cans of Black Beans Drained & Rinsed
  • 1 Can of Corn
  • 2 tsp of Cumin
Cut chicken into cubes then brown in EVOO.  Remove chicken once completely cooked through, add more EVOO and cook garlic for a couple of minutes.  Use some of the chicken broth to de-glaze the bottom of the pan.  Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to a simmer for about 10 minutes.  I serve with cornbread muffins.

No comments: