Thursday, May 16, 2013

Easter 2013

This year Sarah was just as excited about Easter as she was Christmas.  Not only for the basket, but more so for the meaning.  She knows the stories and  understands as best as a 5 year old can the meaning of both celebrations.  She woke us up super early to find her basket.  I could barely focus my eyes and the camera!


We had a wonderful Easter service that started with an amazing praise service.  It made this country girl happy to be in South Barrington and have the banjo be the lead instrument on the opening song!  The message was just as powerful.  If God only always does His best for me, shouldn't I only always give Him my best?  Powerful!

I love her basket!





We usually have to hide eggs in the front yard since it's too cold to clean up the back yard.  The mailbox was the sneakiest spot for mommy & daddy to hide the egg.  But she had the best spot ever.  She always takes a turn to hide the eggs for us.  I looked & looked, but couldn't find one egg and she didn't remember where she hid it.  Later that week when Chris went to gas up the truck he found it in the door to the gas tank!  She won the best hiding spot award this year!!!




No comments: