Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sarah's 6th Birthday

I think every year on her birthday post I say 'where has the time gone'.  This year that phrase seems to be truer considering I still struggle saying that she's a 6 year old.  It's not that I don't want to say it.  Usually when she is about 2 months out from her birthday, I'll start saying she's almost 4 or 5.  But this year I couldn't.  Maybe I want to slow her down because she is growing & maturing so quickly.  It's 6 weeks after her birthday and I still can't say that she's 6.  However I am enjoying the sweet hearted, imaginative, and independent little girl she is becoming at a rapid pace!
 
This year she wanted a Merida party.  She didn't ask for one, but I went to the Disney Store and bought her a nice Merida dress & matching shoes.  Guess what?  She preferred her Target Merida dress from Halloween.  I took it back and she didn't even ask to swap it for something else!
 
 
I didn't feel bad for not swapping her something else at Disney because a week before her birthday she got what she really wanted.  Meet Heather & Nikki.  They are sister Robo Dwarf Hamsters.  Sarah is in love & takes great care of them everyday!



 
 I love her shy grin when her friends sing Happy Birthday to her!







No comments: