Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Mother's Day was really lovely even if the weather wasn't so nice.  Sarah was super excited.  She tried giving me my card on Friday & the excitement of waiting til Sunday nearly made her crazy.  I think I opened my card on Saturday to release a little of the craziness in her.  She gave me a sweet Barbie card with a special sticker that looked like a ribbon.  It said "Best Mom Ever"!  She also made me a very stylish necklace.  I wore both of these to church on Sunday which made her so proud!
 
The highlight of her day was bringing me breakfast in bed.  It was really adorable hearing her tell her Daddy exactly what to do while telling me to pretend to be asleep.  She served a chocolate chip waffle with syrup and a cup of coffee in bed.  The best breakfast I've ever had!
 
 
The sermon at church was really fitting.  It came from a lady who just finished raising her children.  She said something that struck me.  I've always said I would kill for Sarah.  I've never really heard anyone else say that expression.  It's how fiercely I feel for her.  Sitting in my seat at Willow Creek, I heard the same exact expression come from this lady.  She had said this to her husband after the birth of their first child.  He replied, 'Don't you mean you would die for her?'  She replied "No.  I just went through pregnancy & childbirth.  I want to live for her, but I would kill anyone who brought danger or harm to my baby."  It was a relief to realize I wasn't the only mama bear.
 
I love her goofy face in this next picture!
 


No comments: